In this episode of Help Me Teach the Bible, Lane Tipton, associate professor of systematic theology at Westminster Theological Seminary, walks us through key passages in the New Testament that reveal how Jesus, Paul, and Peter train us to read and understand the Old Testament. He then applies these insights to key passages in the Old Testament including David and Goliath, Abraham and Isaac, the Psalms, and Isaiah 52–53.
Here are some additional audio resources you may find helpful on how the New Testament helps us understand the Old Testament:
- Christ in All the Scriptures lectures by Edmund Clowney
- Introduction to Biblical Theology by D. A. Carson
- Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament interviews with Nancy Guthrie on The White Horse Inn
- The Vos Group: Lane Tipton and Camden Bucey work through Gerhardas Vos’s biblical theology on Reformed Forum
For further study, here are some books you may find helpful, including titles from Crossway, the sponsor of Help Me Teach the Bible:
- The Unfolding Mystery by Edmund Clowney
- Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments by Gerhardas Vos
- Jesus on Every Page by David Murray
- The Scriptures Testify About Me
- Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament Bible study series by Nancy Guthrie
Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or on other devices to get this and subsequent interviews in the Help Me Teach the Bible series with Nancy Guthrie. You can also download the interview here or stream it above. Help Me Teach the Bible is now available on Stitcher.
Get a FREE eBook to strengthen your family discipleship!
The back-to-school season is stressful for moms and dads. New rhythms of school, sports, and other extracurricular activities can quickly fill up a family’s already busy calendar. Where do busy parents look for resources on discipling their family well? Aside from prioritizing church, what else can Christian parents do to instill healthy spiritual habits in their household?
Matt Chandler and Adam Griffin cover these questions and more in Family Discipleship: Leading Your Home through Time, Moments, and Milestones. And we’re excited to offer this book to you for FREE as an eBook today.
Click on the link below to get instant access to your FREE Family Discipleship eBook now!