In this episode of Help Me Teach the Bible, Lane Tipton, associate professor of systematic theology at Westminster Theological Seminary, walks us through key passages in the New Testament that reveal how Jesus, Paul, and Peter train us to read and understand the Old Testament. He then applies these insights to key passages in the Old Testament including David and Goliath, Abraham and Isaac, the Psalms, and Isaiah 52–53.
Here are some additional audio resources you may find helpful on how the New Testament helps us understand the Old Testament:
- Christ in All the Scriptures lectures by Edmund Clowney
- Introduction to Biblical Theology by D. A. Carson
- Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament interviews with Nancy Guthrie on The White Horse Inn
- The Vos Group: Lane Tipton and Camden Bucey work through Gerhardas Vos’s biblical theology on Reformed Forum
For further study, here are some books you may find helpful, including titles from Crossway, the sponsor of Help Me Teach the Bible:
- The Unfolding Mystery by Edmund Clowney
- Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments by Gerhardas Vos
- Jesus on Every Page by David Murray
- The Scriptures Testify About Me
- Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament Bible study series by Nancy Guthrie
Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or on other devices to get this and subsequent interviews in the Help Me Teach the Bible series with Nancy Guthrie. You can also download the interview here or stream it above. Help Me Teach the Bible is now available on Stitcher.