In this episode, I sat down with Paul House in Birmingham, Alabama, where he teaches Old Testament theology and Hebrew at Beeson Divinity School. House is the author of several books, including The Unity of the Twelve, Old Testament Survey, Old Testament Theology, Lamentations in the Word Biblical Commentary series, and Bonhoeffer’s Seminary Vision. He has also served as a member of the Translation Oversight Committee for the English Standard Version Bible.
The Book of Jeremiah is 5 percent of the entire Bible, but House provides practical help on how to organize and what to emphasize in order to teach this book in just a few weeks. He also gives insight into the social and spiritual realities of Judah in Jeremiah’s day, which remarkably reflect social and spiritual realities in our own.
- Jeremiah and Lamentations: From Sorrow to Hope by Philip Graham Ryken
- Jeremiah: A 12-Week Study by Matthew S. Harmon
- A Mouth Full of Fire: The Word of God in the Words of Jeremiah by Andrew Shead
- The Prophet of the Heart sermon series from All Souls Langham Place
- Sermons on Jeremiah by Colin Adams
You can listen to the episode here.