Now available: The New City Catechism Curriculum, 52 lessons designed to help children ages 8–11 learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith in a Sunday school, classroom, or homeschool setting. Order yours today!
Last March we released the first batch of Songs from The New City Catechism, which covered Questions 1-15. As I wrote then,
When The Gospel Coalition, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, and Crossway decided to bring The New City Catechism (NCC) to print, we knew we wanted to commission brand-new songs that followed the exact wording of The New City Catechism children’s questions and answers. What might take weeks to learn through repetition could take minutes to memorize when set to the right tune.
That has indeed been the case as both children and adults have responded enthusiastically to learning the catechism through song.
Today, we are pleased to release a second set of songs covering Questions 16 to 31 set to music by Frank Hernandez. There are a several ways you can stream and download:
- Stream More Songs from The New City Catechism album from Bandcamp (works best for iPhone)
- Download the entire More Songs from The New City Catechism album from Bandcamp (must be downloaded on a computer then imported into iTunes before you can listen on an iPhone, though Android supports direct downloads)
- Play the songs on NewCityCatechism.com (be sure the site is set to children’s mode to play the songs) or on this site (below)
- Play lyric videos on Youtube
- Play the songs through the NCC apps (iTunes | Google Play)
- Download lead sheets for worship
- Songs for Questions 32-52 (available in early 2018)
- The New City Catechism curriculum (available summer 2018)
- The New City Catechism—Now in Print with New Devotional, Apps, Music
- Our Family’s Experience with ‘The New City Catechism’
- Parents, Let a Reformed Wretch Encourage Your Catechesis
- A Catechism—with OUR Kids?
- Tim Keller on Why You Should Catechize Your Children
- Q16-17 Lead Sheet
- Q18 Lead Sheet
- Q19 Lead Sheet
- Q20 Lead Sheet
- Q21 Lead Sheet
- Q22-23 Lead Sheet
- Q24 Lead Sheet
- Q25 Lead Sheet
- Q26 Lead Sheet
- Q27 Lead Sheet
- Q28 Lead Sheet
- Q29 Lead Sheet
- Q30 Lead Sheet
- Q31 Lead Sheet
This album was made possible through the support of a grant from the John Templeton Foundation. The opinions expressed in this album are those of the publisher and do not necessarily reflect the views of the John Templeton.