In this episode of Help Me Teach the Bible, I sat down with Graeme Goldsworthy in his home in Brisbane, Australia, to talk about biblical theology and how it affects our understanding and teaching of the Bible. Goldsworthy has written many books, including the popular According to Plan: The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible, one of the best and most accessible overviews of the Bible’s basic plot. Over the course of our conversation, we discussed how this approach to the Bible was lost and found, how his approach to biblical theology differs from that of Geerhardus Vos and Edmund Clowney, and how to trace themes throughout the Scriptures as he demonstrates in his newest book, The Son of God and the New Creation in Crossway’s Short Studies in Biblical Theology book series.
Books by Graeme Goldsworthy:
- The Goldsworthy Trilogy: Gospel and Kingdom; Gospel and Wisdom; The Gospel in Revelation
- Gospel-Centered Hermeneutics: Foundations and Principles of Evangelical Biblical Interpretation
- Christ-Centered Biblical Theology: Hermeneutical Foundations and Principles
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments by Geerhardus Vos
- The Unfolding Mystery by Edmund Clowney
- Preaching Christ in All of Scripture by Edmund Clowney
You can listen to the episode here.