In this episode of Help Me Teach the Bible I went to Columbia, South Carolina, to sit down with Derek Thomas and ask his help for teaching through the book of Mark. Thomas is senior pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Columbia and professor of systematic and pastoral theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Atlanta. Over the course of the conversation we discussed:
- the miracle stories and how to apply them
- the kingdom of God
- true repentance
- what it means to be a disciple
Here are some additional audio resources you may find helpful in preparing to teach Mark:
- Sermons on the book of Mark by Derek Thomas
- Sermons on the book of Mark by Kevin DeYoung
- Sermon series on the book of Mark from Holy Trinity Church
- TGC sermon resources on Mark
For further study, here are some books you may find helpful, including titles from Crossway, the sponsor of Help Me Teach the Bible:
- Let’s Study Mark by Sinclair Ferguson
- The Gospel According to Mark in Pillar New Testament Commentary by James R. Edwards, Jr.
- Mark: A 12-Week Study in the Knowing the Bible series by Dane C. Ortlund
Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or on other devices to get this and subsequent interviews in the Help Me Teach the Bible series with Nancy Guthrie. Help Me Teach the Bible is now available on Stitcher.