Praise the Lord. Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of his faithful people. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp. For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Psalm 149:1-4
Heavenly Father, the words of the Psalm call us to something far grander than status quo worship. They call us to yourself—to love you with everything we have and are. May…
- The truths of your Word capture our minds
- The beauty of Jesus fill our hearts
- The power of the Spirit energize our praise
There is no God like you—abounding in compassion, generous in mercy, and overflowing with love.
- As our Maker, you created us to live by the strength of your joy
- As our King, your reign of grace frees us from our fears and gloom
- As our Redeemer, it’s your delight in us that enables us to delight ourselves in you
We long to give you the worship of which you are worthy
- If we can’t physically gather with friends, may we “be with them in spirit” (Col. 2:5)
- If our feet remain still, give us dancing hearts
- If there’s no timbrel and harp to play, cause our spirits to soar
Our boast is in Jesus. Our rest is in the Gospel. Our hope is in you. So very Amen we pray, in Jesus’ exalted and worthy name.