May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13
Heavenly Father, what a great verse for focusing, fueling, and filling our hearts this 1st Monday of May. All week long, you intend to reveal yourself to us as “the God of hope”—our Father who gives us joy and peace in abundance.
- The joy of realizing you love us as much as you love Jesus, for you’ve clothed us in his righteousness and hid our lives safely in his. Thank you.
- The joy of your promise to finish your work in us, and in the entire
- The joy of knowing you are at work in all things for our good, all the time, with zilch exceptions.
- The peace of experiencing your presence in our storms, your grace in our weakness, and your mercy in our messes. You ARE that awesome.
- The peace from realizing our forever will be “beyond all we can ask or imagine.” Every tear wiped, and all things right.
- The peace of believing that history is still your story, and that you will send Jesus back right on time.
Father, it we could hear what Jesus is praying for us this very moment, we’d live this week more by faith than fear; we’d worship more than we worry, and we’d love others with abandon. Free us to do so, by the riches of your grace. So very Amen we pray, in Jesus’ triumphant and tender name.