The beards are back for the fourth season of cable TV's highest rated reality show. Here are nine more things you should know about the faith of the Robertson clan (see also the original 9 things post).
1. Why Duck Dynasty matters: Poised to be the biggest cable show of all time, Duck Dynasty is the highest rated show on TV to consistently portray a family that is unapologetic about their Christian faith and their affection for one another. The pop culture phenomenon is making it harder for television executives to ignore the demand for shows that portray families who put God first in their lives.
2. Jase and Missy Robertson on the Biblical view of marriage.
4. Phil Robertson on the sanctity of life: “You have a God-given right to live, in all places, inside your mother.”
5. Alan Robertson, the beardless eldest son, recently joined the show after being off-camera for the first three seasons. He tells why he feels on why the family is doing the show now:
I really feel like God had prepared us for such a moment as this. And when America needs some family to say, 'Hey, we can make mistakes, you know, we can come from nothing—we can have all these things now, but ultimately none of it matters except that we're saved, and we're going to be in heaven with Christ forever.'
6. Si Robertson on believing in the resurrection of the dead.
7. Kay Robertson on family values: “God is the reason for our success. Family values are not attainable without a faith in and relationship with God.”
8. Jace Robertson on faith and Genesis 1:1.
9. Lisa Robertson, Alan's wife, on taking their message beyond the physical congregation:
To have a great church is good. But there is people out there that's not ever going to darken the doors that we have here. And they may not ever darken the doors of any church building. And so, if we can give them a little taste of Christianity, a little taste of God, but in a fun way, to tell them that just because you're a Christian doesn't mean that you can't have loads of fun and laugh all the time and just enjoy what God's given you.
Recent posts in this series: