In this episode of Help Me Teach the Bible, I talked with Ligon Duncan—chancellor, CEO, and professor of systematic theology at Reformed Theological Seminary—about the book of Numbers. In our two-part conversation, Duncan helps teachers to see God’s kindness toward women in a couple of passages, the beauty embedded in the long lists of hard-to-pronounce names, and how to point to Christ in well-known stories such as Moses striking the rock, the serpent mounted on a pole, and Balaam’s talking donkey.
- Numbers (Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries) by Gordon J. Wenham
- Numbers: God’s Presence in the Wilderness by Iain M. Duguid
- Sermons on Numbers by Ligon Duncan
- The Literary Study Bible edited by Leland Ryken
- The ESV Study Bible
- Ryken’s Bible Handbook by Leland Ryken, Philip Ryken, and James Wilhoit