“Let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Heb. 10:25; “… We will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.” 1 Thess. 4:17-18
Lord Jesus, how fascinating, important, and, yes, encouraging. As we ponder the certainty and riches of your return, we are to encourage one another—more and more.
Lest we forget, what’s so awesome about the fact you are coming back? Well, among other magnificent things…
- The expiration date on all evil, sin, and sickness will have arrived. Hallelujah!
- We’ll never again have to cry out (or whine), “How long, Oh Lord?”
- The Great Commission will be replaced with the Great Celebration, as your uncountable every-nation Bride gathers at the great wedding feast (Rev. 19)
- We will become as loving and as lovely as you—astonishing, but true. For we will see you, as you are, Jesus, and we will be made like you (1 John 3:1-3)
So, what does encouragement look like, until that Day? Because you are returning to finish making all things new (including us), we can…
- Offer each other more kindness than correction, more listening than lecturing
- Be less busy and more present with each other—since we know where all of history is heading. Praying and playing are both Gospel realities
- Bear each other’s burdens, because you carry us and forbear with us so beautifully, Jesus
- Forgive and repent quicker than ever; because your grace, not our sin, is ultimate and forever. Thank you, Lord Jesus