May the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all. (2 Thess. 3:16); Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
Lord Jesus, we praise, bless, and adore you for many reasons. Today, in particular, we rejoice and rest in the knowledge that you are our peace. By your finished work, we have peace with God—today and forever. Hallelujah.
We are also grateful for your commitment to give us peace—to center, settle, and encourage our hearts, in the middle of “storms.” Thank you for welcoming us in our weakness, fears, and frailties.
Our lives never depend on making the right choice, but trusting the only Savior, Shepherd, and Sovereign. That is you, Jesus. Help us. Grant us peace…
- As we trust you with the hearts and futures of our children and grandkids.
- As we respond to transitions and changes we didn’t see coming.
- As we navigate strained relationships and financial challenges.
- As we make time-sensitive decisions.
- As we care for aging parents, and steward our own health challenges.
- As we long for your coming, Jesus, more than ever.
So very Amen we pray, in your strong and tender name.