On February 1, 2012, Thabiti Anyabwile spoke at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School for an event co-sponsored by the Henry Center and the Jonathan Edwards Center.
Respondents to the lecture were Pastor Louis Love of New Life Fellowship Church, Vernon Hills, and Pastor Charlie Dates of Progressive Baptist Church of Chicago responded to the lecture.
You can download or stream the audio, or stream the video.
You can also download Thabiti’s manuscript as a PDF.
The talk parses the question into five variants:
1. Questioning Edwards the Man
2. Questioning Edwards’ Theology Proper
3. Questioning Edwards’ Theology of Slavery
4. Questioning Edwards’ Ethics
5. Questioning Edwards’ Hermeneutics