This year, 2017, marks 500 years since Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the All Saints’ Church in Wittenberg, Germany. Luther’s theses called for the reform of the church and served as the catalyst for the Protestant Reformation. Its impact is still felt today.
- Sola Scriptura (by Scripture alone)
- Sola gratia (by grace alone)
- Sola fide (through faith alone)
- Solus Christus (through Christ alone)
- Soli Deo gloria (glory to God alone)
How is the Reformation relevant today? As political pressure mounts, as morality drifts, and as evangelicals become increasingly refined in a hostile world, it’s more important than ever to champion the convictions of the Reformation.
As you’ll learn in this study, the five solas are more than cold Latin terms for scholars and history books. Like the Reformation itself, they are intensely practical. They were the DNA of the Reformation, and they are the DNA of true churches today. They are grounded in a real-life, everyday following of Jesus. In fact, they are the most important, basic scriptural truths you can ever believe.
Echoes of the Reformation Leader Kit contains a Bible study book (written by Brandon D. Smith), one DVD with a promotional video, and six 15- to 20-minute video sessions featuring Kevin DeYoung, Albert Mohler, and Trevin Wax. These panel discussions introduce the topic, overview historical significance, explore the theological meanings of the solas, and include illustrations for applying these transformative truths. And for the first time, TGC has partnered with LIfeWay to produce a corresponding resource, To God Alone, designed for group use by teens in your church.
- Videos featuring authors Kevin DeYoung, Albert Mohler, and Trevin Wax.
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content.
- Six small-group sessions that include an introductory session and application of the five solas.
- Individual study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth.
- Six-session Bible study book with group and personal components, written by Brandon D. Smith.
- Promotional content, including video.
- Social-media assets for the group leader.