Here’s the history and links:
- Paul Helm reviewed Peter Enns’s book, Inspiration and Incarnation.
- Enns responded.
- Now Helm responds in kind.
And for those who might be interested, here’s a recap of the exchanges between Enns and Greg Beale over this book:
- G. K. Beale, “Myth, History, and Inspiration: A Review Article of Inspiration and Incarnation,” JETS 49 (2006): 287-312.
- Peter Enns, “Response to G. K. Beale’s Review Article on Inspiration and Incarnation,” JETS 49 (2006): 313-326.
- G. K. Beale, “Surrejoinder to Enns’s Response,” SBTJ (spring 2007).
- G. K. Beale, “Did Jesus and the Apostles Preach the Right Doctrine from the Wrong Texts? Revisiting the Debate Seventeen Years Later in the Light of Peter Enns’s Book, Inspiration and Incarnation,” Themelios 32.1 (2006): 18-43.
- Peter Enns, “Response to Greg Beale,” Themelios 32.3 (May 2007): 5-13.
- G. K. Beale, “Surrejoinder to Peter Enns,” Themelios 32.3 (May 2007): 14-25.
See also the review by D.A. Carson at Trinity Journal/Reformation21.