1. Relentlessly encourage, edify, and inform.
2. Ignore trolls, mockers, and slanderers into oblivion.
3. Starve dissensionists, narcissists, and errorists of the attention they crave.
4. Point people to sound people and resources.
5. Exalt Christ. Bible. Grace. Truth. Gospel.
6. Stay out of food fights. Don’t lob hand grenades into serious discussions. Bring people together.
7. Be kind. Persuade (rather than rally).
8. Treat people on social media like I would treat them in person.
9. Don’t be different on social media from what I am in my life, family, church, and ministry. Be the same person online and offline.
10. Don’t give inordinate attention to people whose only “platform” is social media and who elsewhere have little accountability, responsibility.
If everyone did this, social media would be a much healthier and happier place.