Western NY Area Director
at Christian Medical & Dental Associations
Determined Upon Hire
CMDA educates, encourages, and equips Christian healthcare professionals and students to glorify God by serving with excellence as witnesses of Christ’s love and compassion to all peoples and advancing biblical principles of healthcare within the Church and to our culture.
To bring the hope and healing of Christ to the world through healthcare professionals. We want to see God transform health professionals and students in Western NY and use them to transform the world. We trust that vision will be realized as the healthcare professionals and students come to faith in Christ and are discipled to be mature, faithful, surrendered, multiplying disciples of Christ in both their personal and professional lies. The role of the Western NY Area Director with the Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA) is a full-time ministry position that seeks to see this vision fulfilled for the glory of God.
- Pursue personal growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Develop ministry partnerships with local church, mission, para-church ministry, and healthcare leaders
- Raise and maintain support for salary and benefits, like a missionary. The expectation is that 90% of salary and benefits will be raised in one year.
- Attend Local Ministry Council meetings
- Attend annual CMDA Connections Conference and National Convention
- Obtain and maintain membership of the UB Campus Ministry Association
- Coordinate and lead Fusion ministry events
- Promote CMDA of WNY ministry and activities
- Assist with the planning of the annual Faith in Healthcare Conference
- Uphold the ideals of CMDA
- Maintain CMDA’s expected professional behavior
- Work collaboratively with other CMDA of WNY’s Local Ministry Council, staff and volunteers
• CMDA Regional Director (currently Tom Grosh, IV, D.Min – for personnel and fiduciary aspects of employment)
• CMDA Local Council (for local ministry initiatives)
Additional Responsibilities (once fully funded):
- Minister to the spiritual, professional, and personal needs of healthcare professionals, including residents and students and their spouses
- Work to expand and grow the mission outreach of CMDA of WNY
- Actively take part in discipleship training for local healthcare leaders
- Plan, oversee and organize various projects and events decided upon by the Local Ministry Council as the ministry seeks the Lord’s desires for CMDA of WNY
Qualifications of the Role:
- Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and an exemplary Christian witness
- Endorsement of CMDA’s Leadership Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, and Values by completing CMDA’s Leadership Commitment Form
- Proven visionary leadership and administrative experience in developing people and programs
- Ability to take leadership of a task, to be a “self-starter”, to be flexible, to be organized, to be able to move forward with vision, to be humble, and to be able and willing to persevere
- Exceptional people skills including strong oral and written communication skills
- College degree (BA/BS level or higher)
- Proficiency in MS Office, e-mail, and social media management, and website and newsletter development
- Provide two professional references and one pastoral reference upon request
- Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Financial support raising experience
- Graduate degree (Master’s level or higher)
- Experience working with healthcare professionals
- Proficiency in social media communication and website development
- Previous parachurch or campus ministry experience
- Experience writing and producing newsletters
- Short term or long-term missions experience.
How To Apply
For More Information:
To learn more about the CMDA of WNY, please visit www.CMDAofWNY.org
To learn more about national Christian Medical & Dental Associations, go to www.CMDA.org.
If you have any questions or would like to talk more about this Area Director position, please contact the Chair of the Area Director Search Committee, Dr. Ed Bednarczyk, at [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for this Area Director position, please e-mail Dr. Ed Bednarczyk at [email protected] and attach your CV/resume.