Ashley Baptist Church is seeking a shepherd to lead our congregation. We are located in a small agricultural community in the prairie pothole region of south-central North Dakota. We have a nearly 125-year history of serving the Lord locally and supporting missions throughout the world. We are searching for a pastor who can continue to serve our current congregation and assist us in reaching out to others in Ashley and the surrounding area.
Ashley Baptist Church
Ashley Baptist Church is seeking a Senior Pastor. Resumes may be submitted via email to [email protected] or mail to: Ashley Baptist Church P.O. Box 184 Ashley, ND 58413.
The Pastor is recognized as the Under- Shepherd of Christ’s local church. He shall preach the Word of God, administer the ordinances of the New Testament, shepherd the Church and lead in fulfilment of its sacred task.
Our pastor has the responsibility to preach/teach God’s Word, provide Spiritual leadership and guidance, to maintain and to enhance the congregation’s health and ministry. He will also take an active role in casting vision to support the mission statement of Ashley Baptist Church: “A body of believers empowered by God to serve and disciple others locally and globally”.
- Character, conduct and competence reflected as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-9.
- Ordained minister or eligible for ordination based upon North American Baptist Conference (NAB) beliefs. https://nabconference.org/us/#our_beliefs
- Agreement with Ashley Baptist Church constitution, core values and mission statement.
- Full time ministry experience preferred, but those recently called to ministry will also be considered.
1.Preaching/worship & Pastoral care
- Prepare and present clear and relevant sermons and Bible studies that communicate God’s inerrant, infallible, and inspired Word.
- Teaching the Word of God and administering the ordinances of the New Testament.
- Model and teach Godliness and Christian commitment.
- Counseling, visitation, etc.
2. Leadership and Training
- Recruiting and training lay leaders in the church.
- As the Spiritual leader – work with members of all ages.
- impress on youth the importance of receiving and living for Christ as their Savior.
- encourage senior members to serve in church activities as valuable assets to the congregation and community.
- Have a faithful vibrant prayer life.
- Work with church leaders in planning and developing vision for the church’s mission.
- Coordinate the churches’ administrative activities in compliance with church core values and constitution.
- Ex-officio member of all church boards and committees.
- Represent the church at North Central Association meetings and NAB Triennial conferences.
- Interact with people from the greater Ashley community, engage in community activities and become an active member of the Ministerial Association.
- Our Pastor is accountable to God first and then the church congregation.
- He shall cooperate with the Board of Deacons to maintain his integrity.
Application Deadline: Oct. 15, 2020
For Further Information Contact:
Search Committee Chairman
Ashley Baptist Church
P.O. Box 184 , Ashley, ND 58413
Cell # 701-426-7640
Northern Plains Regional Minister
North American Baptist Conference
Cell # 701-320-1222 [email protected]