Kindle Deal: Letters to a Young Pastor by Calvin Miller. $0.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. Carl Trueman – The West is a Third World Country: The Relevance of Philip Rieff. Cultural conservatives face a time when it is not simply a question of debating the nature of our culture on some commonly agreed foundation. It is a time when we face the complete transformation of our culture into an anti-culture.
2. Doug Sikkema – 12 Rules for the Bookish Life. I love #11: Reading is not solitary. You will break bread with many authors who, although long dead, will seem more alive to you than your neighbours.
3. Time – This Korean War Veteran’s Remains Were Lost for Nearly 70 Years. How Hoover Jones came home is a story of military detective work and cutting-edge science. It involves teams of geneticists, forensic anthropologists and archival researchers. It is also a story about the persistence of history.
4. Sophia Lee – Remembering the Lost Dead. Graves without names on the U.S. southern border.
5. Adriel Sanchez – What If I Don’t Feel Like Praying? Before we can cultivate a passion for prayer, we must be reminded of the power of prayer.
6. Harriet Connor – Helping Kids Look Beyond the “Kingdom of You” in in Work, Marriage, and Church. Life is not about being “true to yourself,” but about being true to your King and his purposes for you.
7. Decoding the Social Media Algorithms in 2019: The Ultimate Guide. An important look at why you are seeing what you are seeing on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.