Kindle Deal: Reading Augustine: A Guide to the Confessions by Jason Byassee. $2.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. David Mathis – Let Passing Controversies Pass. It is a sad reality when a church knows its pastor to be a talker about whatever is trending, rather than a preacher of ancient, timeless glories and the old, old story.
2. Tim Counts – The Lord Does Not Despise the Day of Small Things. An encouraging reminder for the small-town small-church pastor.
3. Rebecca Mead – How Nasty Was Nero, Really? Some historians wonder if he was as bad as the ancients say he was.
4. Lifeway Research – Pastors Value Denominations Now, Not as Sure About the Future. Most pastors believe it is vital for their church to be part of a denomination but doubt the importance of those types of ties lasting another decade.
5. Joe Carter – 9 Things You Should Know About G. K. Chesterton. “I thank God for G. K. Chesterton,” said John Piper. “His gift for seeing the world and for saying what he sees is peerless. He opens my eyes to wonders of what is there. And what is there is the finger-work of God.”
6. Sophia Lee – A Good Friday Ride. A story that reminds us of the heart of the good news and our privilege in sharing it.
7. Michael Ward – 7 C. S. Lewis Books I Supremely Admire. An interesting list from one of the world’s most renowned Lewis scholars, with a couple of surprising picks!