Free Coronavirus Resources for you and your church: LifeWay is providing free resources like digital giving platforms for churches lacking a method for members to give online, as well as coronavirus ministry training guides, Bible study resources for kids and adults, and prayer guides. Check them all out here.
Podcast Pick of the Week: The Veritas Forum’s podcast this week features Andy Crouch, David Brooks, and Lydia Dugdale, discussing the coronavirus and the big questions we should be asking.
Kindle Deal: The Goodness of God: Assurance of Purpose in the Midst of Suffering by Randy Alcorn. $1.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. Aaron Earls – Most Churches Have Stopped Gathering, Few Plan to Meet on Easter. Fewer than 1 in 10 Protestant pastors (8%) say they did not provide any video sermons or worship services this past month! I wrote about the rapid adoption of livestreaming and video technology here.
2. Brett McCracken – Watch Your (Knowledge) Diet in the COVID-19 Crisis. During a pandemic, in a world with more and more information but less and less wisdom, what are we to do? How can we stay sane, mentally and spiritually healthy, and wise? Here are some good suggestions.
3. Anne Snyder – The Great Reset: Making Way for a World Remade. “I have been noticing a few things that hint of holy whispers tiptoeing in to lead amid the wreckage, of the possibilities that lie on the other side of a world being remade.”
4. Yana Conner – Receive the Day. “How might you experience more joy and peace in your life if you stopped trying to ‘seize the day’ and instead received the day?” A great reflection here from Yana Conner.
5. Alison Flood – Book sales surge as self-isolating readers stock up on ‘bucket list’ novels. Some good news from the UK in the midst of a pandemic. Also, don’t miss Graham Hillard’s reflection – At the Margins. On writing in the margins of books, and leaving your future self with your present thoughts.
6. Alexandra DeSanctis – The Pro-Life Movement You’ve Never Heard Of. Here’s an overview of the increasing philosophical diversity of the pro-life movement.
7. David Mathis – Humility Begins with Listening: How to Welcome the Words of God. Every new morning presents a fresh opportunity to bend our hearts toward humility — or to re-calcify them in our native pride.