Free Coronavirus Resources for you and your church: LifeWay is providing free resources like digital giving platforms for churches lacking a method for members to give online, as well as coronavirus ministry training guides, Bible study resources for kids and adults, and prayer guides. Check them all out here.
Podcast Pick of the Week: On 5 Leadership Questions, Todd Adkins interviews Tim Keller about pastoring in NYC post-9/11 and lessons that may apply to ministry during the coronavirus pandemic.
Kindle Deal: The Christ-Centered Exposition series are all $2.99 right now. I can’t stress enough how helpful these guides have been for me in preaching over the years.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. Andy Crouch, Kurt Keilhacker, and Dave Blanchard – Leading Beyond the Blizzard: Why Every Organization Is Now a Startup. Leaders need to understand that the coronavirus crisis is not just a blizzard. We’re at the start of a mini ice age.
2. Tim Challies – How the World Worshipped on One of the Most Unusual Sundays in Church History. Has there ever been a time when nearly all churches in the world had to find other ways to gather or meet? Tim Challies has a photographic essay documenting an extraordinary Sunday of worship.
3. Todd McMichen – Three Types of Online Givers to Reach During the COVID-19 Outbreak. Facilitating online giving is going to be really important for churches in the next few months.
4. Andrew Wilson – When Corona Makes Us More Like the New Testament. In a number of curious ways, the Coronavirus outbreak is making us more like the New Testament church.
5. Jim Geraghty – A Hard Look at the Remaining Hospital Capacity across America. Jim Geraghty is unparalleled in his ability to do fast research and reporting. This is a sobering look at hospital capacity right now across the country. This crisis is about to get much worse before it gets better.
6. Joel Achenbach – The corona virus isn’t mutating quickly, suggesting a vaccine would offer lasting protection. A bit of good news when it comes to the probable effectiveness of a forthcoming vaccine.
7. Sophia Lee – Going after the gigs. Sophia Lee reports on the CA laws that have affected freelancers and contractors.