Kindle Deal: The Mark of the Christian by Francis Schaeffer. $2.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. Sarah Zylstra – ‘No Obvious Answer’: How Christian Colleges Are Responding to LGBTQ Regulations. Excellent, in-depth reporting here from Sarah on the CCCU’s “Fairness for All” proposal and the challenges facing Christian higher education.
2. Darryl Dash – The Almost Invisible Church. “We spend our time wishing that we could be part of what God is doing, all the while missing what God is doing right under our noses because it looks small and insignificant and because it’s hard work.”
3. Samuel James – The Outer Ring. The Outer Ring is the logical negative of the Inner Ring. If a person’s behavior or ideas can be conditioned by the desire to belong to a certain group, then the desire to not belong to a different group yields a similar conditioning, but in the opposite direction.
4. Franklin Foer – Jeff Bezos’ Master Plan. What the Amazon founder and CEO wants for his empire and himself, and what that means for the rest of us.
5. Sophia Lee – Getting Educated on Immigration. “In my six years of reporting for WORLD, I have never received so many negative, impassioned emails and comments as I have over the topic of immigration and the border.”
6. John Inazu – Democrats Are Going to Regret Beto’s Stance on Conservative Churches. The candidate seems not to realize that eliminating tax exemptions for certain religious institutions would be catastrophic.
7. Julia Duin – Kurdish Evangelicals. Amidst the current war, here’s one angle the media isn’t getting.