Podcast pick for the week: At Mere Fidelity, Thomas Kidd joins Matthew Lee Anderson and Derek Rishmawy for a conversation on his new book Who Is An Evangelical?
Kindle Deal: The Triumph of Christianity: How the Jesus Movement Became the World’s Largest Religion by Rodney Stark. $1.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. Gerald Sittser – Christianity Has Always Been the Third Way. Christians believed in the reality of another and greater kingdom over which God ruled. It was a spiritual kingdom—not of this world, but certainly over this world as superior and supreme, for this world’s redemption, and in this world as a force for ultimate and eternal good.
2. Explainer – Why Is Turkey Fighting the Kurds in Syria? On Wednesday, Turkey announced that it was beginning an assault on a Kurdish-led militia in northeastern Syria. How did the two American allies get here? Here is a report from Syrian Christians in the region.
3. Phillip Holmes – Godly Leaders Welcome Correction. Consider a biblical view of correction as you evaluate your posture towards correction and its implications for your success, family, and spiritual health.
4. Sinclair Ferguson – How Do I Know God is For Me? We can be sure that God is for us because this God, the God of the Bible, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up to the cross for us all.
5. Joseph Pearce – The Wonder of G. K. Chesterton. What makes Gilbert Keith Chesterton so wonderful is that he is full of wonder. Man is a miraculous creature living in a miraculous cosmos.
6. Bianca Bosker – Why Everything is Getting Louder. The tech industry is producing a rising din. Interesting look at “noise warriors” and the importance of quiet.
7. Sky News – ‘Hundreds’ of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex. A woman who detransitioned in 2018 says there are many people who have had gender reassignment surgery who wish they hadn’t.