Kindle Deal: Warren Wiersbe’s Be series is only 99 cents on Kindle right now.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. Jonathan Pennington – Why Did Jesus Need to Be Baptized? Jesus’s answer to John’s reluctance is instructive, both in answering our question and also in revealing an important aspect of Matthew’s theology.
2. David French – Alabama and Georgia are Throwing the Gauntlet Down against Roe. Good. For two generations the Roe decision has distorted American politics. Now the states are fighting back.
3. Ashley Unzicker – 3 Things to Do When Caring for Sexual Abuse Survivors. Most of us are not licensed trauma counselors, behavioral therapists, psychiatrists, etc., but hurting people may share with us stories of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and abandonment. Here’s what to do when you don’t know what to do.
4. Sarah Zhang – The Problem with Fathering 114 Kids. What a brave new world, y’all.
5. Two important articles on Facebook this week, the first from the co-founder, Chris Hughes, who argues that “It’s Time to Break Up Facebook,” and the other from Alexis Papazoglou about changes to the algorithm.
6. Ariel Levy – Who Owns South Africa? A fiercely debated program of land reform could address racial injustice—or cause chaos.
7. Kate Shellnutt – Welcome to Church. Want to Take a Selfie? With photo booths for special occasions, Instagram-friendly congregations navigate the tension between sharing faith and showing off.