Kindle Deal: Keeping Place: Reflections on the Meaning of Home by Jen Pollock Michel. $4.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
2. Matt Anderson – Meet the Cappadocian Fathers. Basil of Caesarea, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nazianzus, known collectively as “The Cappadocian Fathers,” were instrumental in solidifying Trinitarian orthodoxy in the fourth century. Both their stories and their theological contributions are intertwined.
3. Chavie Lieber – She was the queen of the “mommy bloggers.” But what happens when life goes ‘off script,’ and the social media world changes? Interesting profile here.
4. David Mills – Enchanting Children. Training up a child requires a well-formed imagination.
5. Matthew Lee Anderson – Dreher and Augustine on Fear and Politics. Few theologians have so fully developed an understanding of the ‘healthy fear’ which is required for the Christian life than Augustine. His expositions of the Psalms are replete with descriptions of the reverence that safeguards our loves from finally leading us away from God.
6. Elizabeth Woodson – 4 Popular Lies about Singleness. By correcting these misguided interpretations of Scripture, we’ll be better equipped to love and serve the unmarried people in our congregations.
7. Joe Holland – Preserving Our Neighbor’s Good Name. Throughout history, one of the applications of the ninth commandment has been that believers are to protect the good name of our neighbor.