We Are SO Very Blessed

Share
Photo by Hillie Chan

Psalm 103:1 Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits

Heavenly Father, King David’s words express the desire of our hearts on this April Sunday. In response to everything you’ve given us, and are to us, we’d love the freedom to worship you with abandon—with our whole being. Here are a few of your hyper-grace-gifts we remember today.

who forgives all your sins

Through Jesus’ finished work, you’ve forgiven all our sins—not just the 2% we’re consciously aware of, but the other 98% as well. Though we’ll be more like Jesus one day, we’ll never be more forgiven than we are today. Make this more real to us than the taxes we just paid—more precious than the air we breathe, Father.

and heals all your diseases,

Though you don’t heal on our timetable, nonetheless, you’ve secured an eternity of perfect health for us. One Day, every expression of our weakness and brokenness will give way to the fullness of Jesus’ wholeness, beauty, and life. All the ways sin and death have impacted our bodies, emotions, and thinking—all of them will be healed and made new. Groans will give way to glory; no more pains, only praise; no more aches, just “Amens!”

who redeems your life from the pit

Not only have you redeemed us from the ultimate “pit” of death and judgment, you also rescue us out of other kinds of pits, Father. Pits we fall into, pits we get pushed into, and pits into which we foolishly jump.

Waterless pits of self-pity, self-preoccupation, and self-righteousness; dark holes of bitterness and resentment; caverns of shame and vain regrets; craters of hopelessness and the dungeon of unbelief. Continue your “pit-rescuing” mission in our lives, Father, and in the lives of those we love.

and crowns you with love and compassion,

Through the gospel, you’ve removed our grave-clothes of death, and now we’re dressed in garments of your grace. Because Jesus wore a crown of thorns, you’ve crowned us with your favor and compassion. You cannot love us more and you’ll never love us less.  So very Amen we pray, in Jesus’ wonderful and merciful name.

 

Share
Learn more about the relationship between TGC and the blogs we are honored to host.
LOAD MORE
Loading