“He who was seated on the throne said, ‘Behold, I am making all things new.’ Also, he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’” Rev. 21:5
Lord Jesus, even as I got on the flight that took me to Switzerland for the first time, I didn’t believe I was actually going to be there. Switzerland was more of a dream, ideal, and metaphor for me—as silly as that now sounds.
Getting off the train in Interlaken and taking the boat to the charming village of Iseltwald, turned that metaphor into a mesmerizing reality. All the rumors I ever heard about Switzerland’s beauty proved to be “trustworthy and true” and profoundly understated.
One million times more so, everything the Bible promises us about our forever-life in the new heaven and new earth is the ultimate “trustworthy and true” hope. Among countless things we are really looking forward to in the world of all-things-new, our list includes…
- Finally, and fully knowing you, Lord Jesus—seeing and savoring your beauty
- No more decay, death, or dying of anything—no more funerals, even goodbyes
- Perfect relationships—loving and being loved with the fullness of your perfection and affection. No more war, fights, or even spats
- Never sinning again, or even being tempted to do so. Never having to repent of anything or ask forgiveness from anyone… forever.
- With unfettered gladness and gratitude, enjoying the consummation of your unfolding Story of redemption. This earth will be renewed, and our bodies glorified. Our family will be from every nation, and our peace will be never ending… Thank you, Jesus!