The Revolutionary Power and Protest of Gratitude

Share

Psalm 103:1- Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—

Heavenly Father, King David’s words provide the perfect vehicle for us to engage in one of the most counter-cultural and revolutionary forms of protest–gratitude. No matter our challenging circumstances, difficult stories, or fresh disappointments—you have been outrageously generous with us. Here are a few of your grace-gifts we want to remember today, and every day.

who forgives all your sins

Through the finished work of Jesus, you’ve forgiven all our sins—not just the 2% we’re aware of, the other 98% as well. Though we will be more like Jesus one Day, we’ll never be more forgiven, known, and loved than we are today.

and heals all your diseases,

     When it comes to healing, you’re not a slave to our timetable. But through the work of Jesus, you have secured perfect health for us forever—mind, body, and spirit. One Day, every expression of our brokenness will give way to the fullness of Jesus’ wholeness and perfection. No more disease, only delight; no more “gunk,” only glory; no more brokenness, only beauty; no more “common colds,” only extraordinary health!

who redeems your life from the pit

Father, you haven’t only redeemed us from the ultimate pits of death and judgment, you also rescue us from other kinds of pits. Pits we naively fall into, pits we get pushed into, and pits into which we foolishly jump.

Waterless pits like self-pity and self-righteousness; dark holes of bitterness and soul-sucking resentment; caverns of toxic shame and vain regrets; the bottomless craters of comparison-based living and the cold dungeon of graceless-living. Continue your pit-rescuing mission in our lives, and in the lives of those we love.

and crowns you with love and compassion,
Indeed, Father, in Jesus you have removed our grave-clothes of death and have dressed us in garments of your grace. We are no longer condemned for our sins, we are crowed with your compassion. We are righteous in Christ—beloved and delighted in, and desired and enjoyed. Wow! May we be forever done with a navel-gazing spirit of self-pity and ingratitude. So very Amen we pray, in Jesus’ wonderful and merciful name.

Share
Learn more about the relationship between TGC and the blogs we are honored to host on this site. [Read More]
LOAD MORE
Loading