“Do not be anxious about anything…” (Phil. 4:6); “God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:19)
Heavenly Father, how about “Thank you” for starters. Thank you for caring about us and our needs. We know this to be true, first and foremost, by the way you supplied our great need for salvation. We didn’t just have an “end-of-the-month deficit.” We were dead in our sins, alive in our rebellion, and bankrupt in righteousness.
The way you met our need for salvation is like, we were thirsty for a cup of water, and you gave us the Niagara Falls of living water. Or, we were hungry for a piece of bread, and you gave us the Food Court of heaven. Actually, we wanted a 2nd chance, to “get our act together,” and you gave us the “second Adam” (Jesus) to be our perfect righteousness. Thank you!
Feeling concerned, yes; but we don’t have to be paralyzed with anxiety. Among other things, here are some of the needs this Gospel-praying community brings to you today.
- Supernatural healing and sufficient grace for broken-health stories
- A sovereign work of your Spirit in the hearts of people we love
- Supplies for our companies to meet the needs of valued clients
- Wisdom for big decisions and transitions in front of us
- Gospel-renewal in our hearts, marriages, and churches
- (Friends, bring other specific needs to our Father)
Father, increase our trust, lower our stress, renew our love for those around us. In Jesus’ wonderful name we pray, Amen.