May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13
Heavenly Father, what a great verse for focusing, fueling, and filling our hearts this September Monday. No matter how much we dread or delight in Mondays, it’s awesome to begin our workweek knowing you as “the God of hope.”
Indeed, fill us with your joy, for your joy is our strength.
- The joy of knowing you are with us and for us, and that nothing can separate us from your love.
- The joy of knowing that you love us as much as you love Jesus, for you’ve clothed us in his righteousness and have hidden our lives safely in his.
- The joy of experiencing your presence in our storms, your grace in our weakness, and your mercy in our messes.
And Father, fill us with your no-contingencies peace.
- The peace that things aren’t just going to be okay, but they’re going to be “beyond all we can ask or imagine.”
- The peace of knowing your heart and hand are engaged in the lives of our children, the weather fronts of the world, the politics of the nations, and every aspect of culture making.
- The peace of believing that history is still your story, and that you’ll send Jesus back right on time.
Indeed, Father, we’d love to “abound in hope,” as your Spirit works in our hearts. If we could see, taste, and smell the future you’ve secured for us by Jesus, we’d live more by faith than fear, worship more than we worry, and encourage one another more than we scrounge for ourselves. Free us to love others this week, as you love us in Jesus. So very Amen we pray, in Jesus’ triumphant and tender name.