If you’re going to the Desiring God conference this weekend, you may not be aware of the significant number of seminars going on around the plenary talks.
Go here to view the updated schedule, which kicks off on Friday morning. Here are some of the offerings:
- Kevin DeYoung, “Rethinking ‘Missional’: Reconciling the Mission of God & the Mission of the Church”
- N.D. Wilson, “Think ‘Story’: Understanding Your Place in the Drama of Redemption”
- Matt Perman, “Zealous for Good Works: Rethinking Productivity in Light of Justification by Faith Alone”
- Tullian Tchividjian, “Giving Thought to Gospel ‘Math’: Why Jesus + Nothing = Everything”
- Randy Alcorn, “Difficult Truths & Deep Love: Pondering Sovereignty, Suffering, and the Promise of Heaven”
- Panel: DeYoung, Wilson, Perman, Tchividjian, Alcorn
- Michael Horton, “Why I Write on Certain Topics”
- Thabiti Anyabwile and J.D. Greear, “Islam Discussion Panel”
- White Horse Inn, live broadcast
Bibliophiles might want to check out the conference bookstore map and plot their attack.
You can also preview the set-up of the Exhibit Hall, with 45 exhibitors.
I’m looking forward to hearing all the speakers—John Piper, Rick Warren, Francis Chan, Al Mohler, R.C. Sproul, Thabiti Anyabwile—but perhaps the session I’m looking forward to most is the Friday evening one-on-one conversation between Piper and Warren.
I’m told that the audio of the plenary sessions will be up one hour after the session ends, and video within 24 hours.
Seminars will be recorded, but when they go online is yet to be determined.