Some guidance from David Platt and the Church at Brook Hills, on responding to the results of the deadliest tornadoes in the US since the Great Depression.
How to pray:
We mustn’t overlook the importance and benefit of prayer on behalf of individuals, families, and communities during circumstances like these. We ask that in your personal life, as well as in your family, your small group, or your church, that you pray intentionally, fervently, and continually according to the following needs…
- Pray that God will strengthen and give wisdom to emergency workers who are still working to find missing people.
- Pray for individuals who have lost family and friends through this storm. Pray that God will sustain them with His presence and strengthen them with His power.
- Pray for local churches in the affected areas. Pray that God will enable pastors and church leaders as they conduct funerals and minister to hurting families. Pray that God will grant His people grace to know how best to love and serve their communities.
- Pray that God will give wisdom to leaders of various organizations who are coordinating disaster relief across affected areas.
- Pray that God will shower these communities with His sovereign mercy and loving provision. Especially in light of this past Easter weekend, pray that people would know the God who is present in our pain and sovereign over our suffering.
And how to give:
We are receiving financial donations for disaster relief and response that we are then channeling to communities through various efforts and organizations with which we are involved. Our goal is to use these funds in gospel-centered, church-focused, reliable, relational, and sustainable ways throughout affected areas. 100% of these funds will be used in disaster relief and response.
CLICK HERE to make a financial donation.