Each year at The Gospel Coalition we review or spotlight more than 200 books, culminating with our annual book awards where we select winners in the following 12 categories:
- Public Theology & Current Events
- Popular Theology
- Academic Theology
- Evangelism & Apologetics
- History & Biography
- Christian Living
- Children’s (Picture Books)
- First-Time Author
- Arts & Culture
- Bible Studies & Devotional Literature
- Missions & the Global Church
Per TGC’s foundation documents, we seek books that meet the following criteria:
1. offers gospel-centered argument and application;
2. includes faithful and foundational use of Scripture, both Old Testament and New Testament;
3. fosters spiritual discernment of contemporary trials and trends; and
4. encourages efforts to unite and renew the church.
Publishers can submit up to two books per category; they can also nominate the same book in multiple categories, though no book will be chosen in more than one category.
We will only consider titles published between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, and only titles published in the United States. The deadline for publisher nominations is Tuesday, July 26.
There is a $50 entry fee for each title nominated (in each category). To help streamline this process, we’ve set up an online form that will allow each publisher to nominate books online and submit all payments at the same time. (Note that you can only submit up to 10 books in each form, though you can submit multiple forms at various times.)
Once nominations are submitted on the form, please email a PDF of each title to BookAwards [AT] thegospelcoalition.org. (If the file size is too large, then please send a link to Dropbox.)
If your book is selected as a finalist, your publicist will be informed by Wednesday, September 14. We will announce the winners near the end of the year.