In this episode of Help Me Teach the Bible, Scott Swain (president and professor at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando) talks about what he calls the most important, as well as the most dangerous, doctrine—the Trinity. While suggesting his most important contribution to the conversation is his recommendation of the Lutheran Satire video on various trinitarian heresies, he also offers insights on Christophanies, the Holy Spirit’s presence in the Old Testament era, and what it means to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Resources by Scott Swain:
- Trinity, Revelation, and Reading: A Theological Introduction to the Bible and Its interpretation
- The God of the Gospel: Robert Jenson’s Trinitarian Theology
Resources on the Trinity recommended by Scott Swain:
- The Essential Trinity edited by Carl Trueman and Brandon Crowe
- The Deep Things of God by Fred Sanders
- Five Theological Orations of Gregory Nazianzus
You can listen to the episode here.