On Monday, I posted about my standing desk and why I recommend others consider getting one. Since then, I’ve received pictures from people who already have standing desks or have created makeshift desks in response to that post. Here are some of pictures I’ve received:

Here’s how Lane Harrison set up a standing desk, complete with footstool:

Here’s a homemade wooden desk from Kale Davis:

Here’s the way David Schrock put together a standing desk that brings together the bookshelves and workstation:

Mary Jo Sharp got really creative and resourceful:

Here’s the standing desk I use:

I like Charlie Eldred’s set-up too:

Dan Reinhold makes do with what he has:

Here’s a classy option with a lot of personality from Ryan Keeney:

Here is David Murray explaining via video how to put together a standing desk for less than $50:

Finally, here is Dwight Schrute from The Office, bragging about his standing desk. I hope I’m not this annoying.

Comments:

6 thoughts on “Standing Desks: Some Pictures from Blog Readers”

1. Adam C says:

I believe Dwight used a bouncy ball as a chair for ergonomic functionality. Maybe we should consider that? (btw. love Jim’s reaction to that one. Remember that episode?! Haha!)

2. Michael says:

Yours looks like it’s ready-made to be a standing desk. Would you mind telling us the specifics: brand, cost, etc? (Maybe you shared this already and I missed it)

1. Trevin Wax says:

I don’t know the cost. The brand is Mayline. It’s electronic and moves up and down.

A cheaper option may be to get a high-top table and a chair that moves up and down.

3. Joe A. says:

Here is one of the cheaper desks i found for a full sit and stand desk. It’s still kind of pricey, but the desk is of good quality and has worked well for me.

4. Lane says:

Joe, I purchased my base from that website (via Amazon) and had a custom top made.

Trevin, first time to see that clip. Awesome!

5. J. K. Jones says:

When I was earning a Master’s degree in ergonomics, the reccomendation was a height adjustable work station that allows for both standing and seated work. When you get tired of standing, sit. When you get tired of sitting, stand. The body takes care of itself if we will listen to the aches and pains.