1. Description of Position
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing the daily operations of University Reformed Church (URC). Broadly, responsibilities include (1) day-to-day administration and management of church operations and (2) participating with URC leadership, especially the Senior Pastor and Executive Committee, in developing and executing strategic initiatives for URC.
Please click here to view a more thorough description of job duties.
The Director of Operations should be a member, or willing to become a member, of University Reformed Church. The Director is also expected to participate in a URC Small Group, as well as attend Sunday services at URC.
2. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate for Director of Operations is a mature, sincere, godly believer in Jesus Christ. This person should meet the qualifications for elder laid out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. The Director will be in general agreement with the system of doctrine taught in the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dort, and will have a complementarian understanding of gender roles. This person will be in agreement with URC’s statement of faith and membership covenant.
The qualified candidate also will fulfill the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
● Experience with management-level (not merely supervisory) responsibility in either a business or ministry context.
● A gifted administrator, able to function in ‘macro’ and ‘micro’ administrative roles with strong organizational skills.
● Effective in written and verbal communication; willing and able to speak well before groups of people.
● Able to think critically, imaginatively and strategically; able to contribute thought to long-range visioning and planning.
● Entrepreneurial, willing to work diligently and faithfully, often in a low-visibility role.