Comments:

13 thoughts on “Beautiful Eulogy: Vital Lens”

1. These guys have a huge passion for the Lord! Lyrical ingenuity, solid doctrine, and fresh beats. I love it.

2. Mark says:

Braille’s lyricism/delivery on this song is one of the best I’ve heard from a Christian rapping about the truth.

3. Brad says:

Having met TJ for coffee once, I can attest that this is a brother worth listening to…even if rap isn’t your cup of tea.

4. EBG says:

Looks and sounds as if they’re trying way too hard to be a sanctified version of Macklemore…yawn.

1. I didn’t get that impression, but these guys have been around with this sound and style much longer than Macklemore :)

1. Prince says:

exactly!!!!!!!!

2. casey says:

Wow. I guess I can’t speak to the similarity to Macklemore since I’ve only heard one of his songs: “Thrift Shop”. But Braille and OT have been at this for at least 15 years or more…I’ve heard their music for almost as long as they’ve been doing it. What you hear is original as its gets and a natural progression for their styles – it most certainly is not a copy/bite off of Macklemore – no matter what similarities there might be (and from the one song I heard the only similarities are white people rapping). Both Braille and Odd Thomas have always striven to be unique artists with a lot of artistic integrity from the beginning.

They are most certainly not trying to be any kind of sanctified version of “Macklemore.” Its definitely not near as “poppy”.

5. EBG says:

Upon further investigation, I stand corrected! You must forgive me. I grew up in Bristol, England: home of the likes of Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead, Dubstep….always on the look out for originality!

1. Max says:

Excellent, EBG. God bless, bro.

1. EBG says:

Sis, actually!!

1. Prince says:

lool

6. Does anyone find the line about God’s nature not being revealed in natural revelation problematic?

Justin Taylor