Shai Linne, whose album Lyrical Theology Part 1 will drop April 9, “names names” in his song “Fal$e Teacher$.” You can listen to it here:

He explains his motivation here:

If you’ll be at TGC, the RAAN meet-and-greet will be giving away a few copies of the album.

HT: @JohnPiper

Comments:

17 thoughts on “Fal$e Teacher$”

1. Dan McGhee says:

Really? But, James MacDonald and Mark Driscoll told all of us we should accept TD Jakes as a “brother” during Elephant Room 2… Obviously, Shai is just a hateful fundamentalist who needs to learn to love a little better, huh?

1. Your kidding right?

2. SuzanneT says:

Shai is a wise man :-)

1. Ha! When so many are afraid of telling the truth…. this is so refreshing!!! Even with-in the organization I am with no one names Mr. Smiley (Joel Osteen) by name, what are they afraid of? a false teacher is a false teacher!

3. I really enjoyed this song, unfortunately this is the type of Christianity we’re exporting into other countries Marcus Witt, Cash Luna and others have jumped on the band wagon. If they were true believers wouldn’t they be worried of the righteous judgement from God?

4. JL says:

He is a true watchman of Christ. There were a few more prosperity heretics he could mention. Hillsong, Brian Houston, Bobbie Houston, Joel Houston, AKA Hill$ong Hell$ong. Ed young Jr. Kong Hee. Judah Smith. Christine Caine. Rick Warren………

5. Bridget says:

I am so encouraged by people like Shai, J Macarthur and Paul Washer, who speak the blunt truth and yes, name names to protect the flock. I’m just wondering why so many good, solid preachers refuse to do this. I think, sometimes, that solid preachers feel that if they just keep being faithful to preaching solid messages, that people will get the message and be able to discern themselves who is true and who is false. This is just not the case. I am daily reminded that many solid Christians think that Joel O, Joyce Meyer etc are solid preachers. God has gifted some with discernment and the ability to see more clearly the false teaching that is out there and I think they do a disservice to the Church when they’re not plain spoken about who is teaching a false gospel.

6. Yolanda says:

Wow! This is great. If anyone is doubting the validity of Shai’s claims, I recommend Christianity in Crisis by Hank Hanegraaff. Americans are choosing style over substance and it will prove deadly.

7. Scout says:

Freaking stud!!!

8. HD says:

Whilst I believe there is indeed a place to call out false teachers, I spent most of my life in a church which made a hobby of pointing out false teachers. I became very tired of the old caricature of the ‘prosperity gospel’ constantly being presented. Most of the examples of the ‘prosperity gospel’ being given are so extreme. Whilst I can see the falsehood of some of their teachings, I’ve also realised that a) there are many other false teachings which have crept into the church, not just the prosperity gospel
    b) Sometimes – believe it or not – the ‘false teachers’ mentioned address issues about sin and repentance. True story. No one knows the motives of man’s heart except God Himself, and He is the one who will judge accordingly. I find we can be almost gleeful about pointing out false teachers, yet who’s to say our doctrine is perfect? Have we arrived? Yes, it is important to call out false teaching, but take care, lest we fall into error.

9. max says:

Joyce Meyer and T.D. Jakes are legit and solid in my opinion, as far as I know.

I love the work of Shai Linne and commend him for bringing this prosperity/health & wealth gospel to light in the manner he did. People who knowingly preach this counterfeit deception will have to answer to the Almighty one day!

However, we need to be careful not to automatically condemn every ministry that is well off financially. No man can truly see into the heart of another. Discernment is key.

Final judgement rests with the Lord!

10. Reggie says:

It was the boldest and most powerful rap song I’ve ever heard up until 2:30. I just see this as Peter cutting the servant’s ear off. I agree with the substance and passion but I believe you should have been a bit more careful. I believe some of the ministers are false teachers (clearly) but not all of them. If you had just left the names out, it would have been a home run and I personally would have forward this to about 700 people. You’ve made the last part of the rap/message your opinion. I personal know several people who’ve received Christ Jesus from some of these ministers and my wife personal was spiritually feed by Joyce Meyers while I was deployed in the Navy, which help her fight against temptation and had other Navy wives join her. The bible describe the false teachers, calling out names isn’t necessary (Not in this manner at least). And if you’re wrong about one of them, it can be quite dangerous and actually (IMO) put yourself in bed with them. Some of the ministers have put in twenty plus year of soul saving and now just because you’ve heard one, two or even ten messages that you felt were biblical off, they’re false teachers? This is very dangerous. But I believe God has been using you powerfully and will continue to use you. Because we (the church) need more bold men like you!

11. Thanking God for a saint who isn’t afraid to, in love, call out people that need calling out. Praying for our brother Shai!

12. Colin Hamilton says:

Love and honour……….do you find that in there???? none of it! So sad, what message do we tell as christians? often comes across that we are against everything even are own people, what are we for?

maybe rather than listening to this guy calling out people and agreeing with him, you should listen to these “so called False prophets yourself” and make your own decision. Look at the good things these people are doing, and honour who God has called them to be

Justin Taylor