We are big fans of Seeds Family Worship—we have and enjoy all five of their CDs (and each package has 2 CDs in it, so you can keep one and give one away).

They also recently made the decision to switch all their songs over to the ESV translation, which I was delighted to hear.

I’m also glad to see that they have a new CD out: Seeds of Character. Here are the songs:

1. More Than Conquerors (Romans 8:37)
  2. The Wages and The Gift (Romans 3:23 & 6:23)
  3. The Life (John 14:6, 1 John 5:11-12)
  4. The Fruit (Galatians 5:16 & 22)
  5. Delight (Psalm 1)
  6. Teach Them (Deuteronomy 6:4-7)
  7. The Perfect Example (John 13:12-17)
  8. Children and Fathers (Ephesians 6:1-4)
  9. Put On Love (Colossians 3:12 & 14a)
  10. The Character Song (Romans 5:1-5)
  11. Give Thanks (Psalm 105:1-5)
  12. The Only Way (The New Testament Song) [all the books of the NT]

You can stream the whole album here for free.

If you get a CD and enter BTW20 in the checkout you’ll get 20% off the regular price (and remember you end up getting two duplicate disks per album). [You can also order it digitally but the physical CD price is actually a better deal.]

The Seeds folks performed a video for BTW readers below, playing the song “The Life,” combining 1 John 5:11-12 (“And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life”) and John 14:6 (Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”).

Comments:

14 thoughts on “New Seeds CD: Scripture Memory for Families (Now in ESV)”

1. Oh we LOVE Seeds Family Worship in our family too – we have about 5 of their CDs! I blogged about it here 2 years ago! http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2009/07/family-devotions.html

It’s one of my favorite CD’s to play in the car because not only do the kids like it – but I like it too!

Great video – I’ve never actually seen the group that sings…so thanks!
    Courtney

2. Oh I am very excited about this. I guess it is a good thing it took so long for us to build our collection, now we can have the other three in our preferred translation!!!! Thanks for the heads up!

3. Taylor says:

We’ve never had a SEEDS CD and I can’t wait to put it in our minivan and sing away!!!!!!

4. Doug Wolter says:

The lead singer and starter of SFW, Jason Houser, is the real deal. I met him a couple years ago as he and his band came to our church and kick-started our SEEDS ministry to families. Each month we incorporate one of the Seeds songs into our family worship time seeking to memorize it and apply it to our lives.

Justin, great to see you partner with these guys and spread the word about their quality music for families!

5. Michael says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Seeds Music! There are other people putting Scripture to song, but I don’t know of anyone doing it in such a catchy and fun way! Sometimes listening to Scripture songs can feel like taking medicine; it’s not pleasant on the senses, but it’s good for you, so you grit your teeth and buckle down. But these albums are not harsh on the ear.

And ever since I discovered Seeds, I’ve been using Seeds songs every year at our VBS. The kids love them! And, honestly, I get into them as much as the kids do!

Also, you can stream their entire Seeds catalog for free, so they can be a blessing to you without spending a dime!

6. Mom of 3 says:

Could you please clarify, are only future CD’s going to be ESV or are they changing past CD’s as well?

7. Michael says:

I wouldn’t expect them to re-record their past CD’s in ESV. That would take a lot of work!

1. Mom of 3 says:

Well that was my assumption :) but I was a little confused by an earlier comment and started to second guess myself, haha. Only the 6th one is in ESV correct?

1. Michael says:

That’s correct–only the sixth one is in ESV.

Justin, it might be more correct to write that “They also recently made the decision to switch all their NEW songs over to the ESV translation.”

8. Elizabeth says:

Justin, Thanks for pointing out that the new songs will be recorded in the ESV. That’s great news! I’ve been participating in a Bible memory project and having these songs memorized in the other translation was so confusing–lol. I ended up changing the lyrics and keeping the tune, so I wouldn’t get mixed up…of course, my kids are more confused than ever. Wait, who are these songs for? We all love them at our house! :)

9. Leigh says:

I love Seeds of Worship and what they do for our family – my children love playing these CDs, and we have ALL memorized scripture from the songs.

Justin Taylor