Zac Smith went to be with Jesus in May of 2010.

Below is a video made before he died, followed by a video from his widow one year later.

May it fuel in each of us a longing to fight and finish well.

HT: Challies

Comments:

22 thoughts on “O Death, Where Is Your Victory?”

1. Paul says:

speechless… “to God be the Glory”

2. Nigel says:

Thank you.

3. Mike Johnson says:

Thank you for posting this. I probably should not have watched it in my office, though, where I could not help weeping and rejoicing at the grace of God.

1. Tony Romano says:

I’m with you, Mike. The same thing happened to me.

1. Mark Jones says:

Same here – real men do cry :)

4. Yipeng says:

Thanks for sharing :)

5. Marsha Phelps says:

This is such a moving, powerful witness to God’s power and grace in times of suffering and sorrow…I was blessed to see this…I, too, am a widow..my husband, Glen, died of cancer in 2003…I KNOW this God and have been comforted and given HOPE…May God continue to use these testimonies to bring Him MUCH glory!!

6. Daniel says:

Big lump in my throat. Very convicting.

7. Pingback: The Only Comfort
  8. Ed Nugent says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We can talk about mourning with hope, but to see someone live it is an incredible blessing.

9. Nneka says:

such a moving and yet beautiful story…..there is hope *Glory be to God*

10. Kristie Moorman says:

My husband of 10 years, and father of my two children, was also healed from his cancer and called home by Jesus just last month.

I am sorry for the pain you and your children have endured, but I wanted you to know what a comfort and encouragement both videos are to me and my children as we are in the early stages of our grieving. May God bless and keep you!

For Him,

Kristie Moorman

11. Stephen Uy says:

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him, especially in the midst of suffering. So many people in the world look at those of us who call ourselves “Christians” and wonder if we’re really any different. Does Christ really make a difference in our lives? More often than not, we fail in living that difference. It’s encouraging to look at the face of Zac as he gives his testimony and know that you’re looking at the real thing. Today God used Zac’s cancer to make me praise Him. Indeed, to God be the glory.

12. Kathy Gielow says:

Today is the first time I have heard the story of Zac or seen the videos. I am so moved by them. I lost my husband on Jan. 30, 2010 to brain cancer, after only 10 weeks of being ill. My husband had impaired cognition most of that time, making it even more difficult. But his faith and courage left me in awe. We both have been faith-filled and it has made all the difference. I thank God every day for all of His gifts and blessings. I look forward to an eternity of being with God, and with my husband. Grief is alot of hard work and there are some days that seem simply overwhelming but I trust in God. Our only child lives on the other coast from me and days are long and lonely without my husband. People have gone back to their own lives and I am still trying to find my way in this new life. I know my Art is watching over me and I feel his presence. He meant everything to me. I did the eulogy at his funeral Mass and started by saying that I was the most blessed person in the church on that day because I had been loved by the most incredible man for over 36 years. I believe I am still the most blessed person on earth. My prayers are with you and I hope you will pray for me too.
    Kahy