I’ll probably stop posting on this for the time being, but I’ll leave you with this very helpful FAQ from Matthew Anderson on what just happened. Here are the questions he answers:
- Did the Senate health care bill, which was the bill under consideration, cover abortions initially?
- But isn’t this bill covered by the Hyde Amendment, which prevents federal funding for abortions?
- So Stupak solved this with the Executive Order, right?
- Why did Stupak cave, then?
- Did Stupak get anything for it?
- And pro-lifers?
- Can we be done talking about this now?