From John Mark Reynolds on Pat Robertson’s statement that Haiti is under a curse for making a pact with the devil. Besides being historically inaccurate (it seems), Reynolds makes a larger point about what is “fitting” (my word not his) to say at certain times. An excerpt:

Robertson has been inhuman in two ways.

First, even if he were right, he has picked a horrid time to pontificate. When my friends is suffering from cancer, even if it is his fault, it is the wrong time to remind him that I told him he should have stopped smoking. It is ugly and useless.

Heal the sick, bury the dead, feed the hungry and then deal with root spiritual causes. Safe to say every nation, and Haiti is surely one, has made philosophical and practical decisions that help cause tragedy. We can talk about that when the people of Haiti have been helped by the Church.

Second, even if his theology were sound, he has stated it in such a way and at such a time that it will be misunderstood and will be mocked. He has pronounced a “truth” that (he must concede) would be hard for our culture to hear in a way and at a time that brings that “truth” into derision.

If Robertson were right in his theology and philosophy, his timing has fed his pearls to swine on a silver platter.

Recently Robertson faced major health problems and rightly asked for our prayers. It would have been wrong to be facile and associate his problems with sin. Robertson should grant the people of Haiti the same treatment that he demanded in the case of his illness.

Compassion, prayer, help, and charity.

Comments:

68 thoughts on “Pat Robertson’s Remarks”

1. james says:

That’s a good word.

2. donsands says:

Man, what a foolish thing for Robertson to say, but it’s par for the course with him.

I myself like to talk about the things Pat spoke of, but just with my friends and brothers in Christ, and with non-Christians if they ask me what I think.
    We were talking about the tragedy today at the warehouse, and it was good, becasue bottom line is that these people are in need, and we need to help them. Of course the Earth is God’s, and there are sinners in Haiti, but there are God’s children there as well.

And you have the other extreme from pastors like Rick Warren, who would most likely say, “That earthquake wasn’t from God.”

I really like the words from John Mark. Well done. Thanks for the post.

3. Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish…

4. Bob Exentaur says:

How is what Robertson said different than Piper’s pronouncement about the Tornado and the ELCA?

1. Sorry – meant to reply to this under Bob’s comment, but seem to have put reply below instead. (Which goes to prove that I’m as big a fathead as Pat Robertson, in my own way…)

5. RealityCheck says:

Sorry gang but I’m not so ready to pounce on Robertson here. I’m not a big Robertson fan but I don’t think his comments were out of line considering they were made in the middle of a CBN newscast while at the same time he was orchestrating help and prayer for the victims.

I’m not surprised that the main stream media is quick to take his comments out of context but Christians shouldn’t do the same thing.

1. Justin Taylor says:

RealityCheck: if his comments were historically false would that make it out of line?

1. RealityCheck says:

Hmmm… good question. Your saying “(it seems)” would suggest you’re not so sure yourself… and yet you were quick to criticize Robertson yourself… no? And that’s really my point. I think we (Christians) get drawn into this game every time a Robertson or Falwell type speak. They say something, the media repeats it out of context, people go nuts, and Christians try to separate themselves from the original comment which was taken out of context in the first place. If Satan’s big goal is to keep us sidetracked… he wins.

As far as your question. Even if he is historically wrong… and I don’t know if he was… I don’t think he was out of line for considering the possibility of something grander going on here. Telling a person trapped under ruble that they caused what has happened would be outrageous, particularly while not doing anything to help them, but, considering the bigger question of “why” on a newscast while arranging help just doesn’t seem that outrageous to me.

1. Jared says:

I have to agree with RealityCheck here although Pat Robertson should have been more wise in the timing/ delivery of these remarks. We are called to be as wise as serpents, yet as innocent as doves and this man has vulchers constantly circling him, waiting to take anything he says out of context.

2. Jim says:

to agree with RealityCheck: many times people stuck under the rubble are asking God “Is it I who have done this by my own sin?”

So telling them that it is, could in many ways be confirming what their conscience has said. God must love them enough to warn them of pending judgment of the dangers of sin.

Why are we pouncing on a man in the first place, are we too ignorant to not think that God, Mighty and big could have prevented it! But He did NOT.

3. Dwain says:

Though I agree that the media takes things out of context I would like to say that this is not how Jesus handled this situation in Luke 13:1-5.

Pat Robertson basically said that the reason this happened is because of their sin, Jesus said that we are no worse than they are and that we are but if we do not repent we will all likewise perish.

2. Max says:

Right on, Reality Check. I have not always agreed with Pat Robertson, but I do not hastily jump on any subject reported in the media because it is inevitable that the whole story and all the facts are not being reported. It is often weeks later when the real story comes out but even then it doesn’t get reported or it is corrected in some obscure place.

Things are given factual status by a biased media and there are so many people who are willing to drink the kool-aid without ever questioning content or waiting to see what the real truth is.

Guessing and supposition are not fact, even if you wish they were. That is one of the reasons that the Bible has been twisted and turned with words added or words omitted to impose influence on the meaning of scripture. Curses are imposed upon all who are guilty of adding to or taking away from the word of God. Maybe that is why the curses are at work and explains why major denominations are losing members, not winning new members, losing influence and losing credibility.

“Those who are RIGHT NOW being led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14) It is a present-perfect verb tense. Anything outside of this is an “old wineskin” and other than evoking memories of revivals gone by, have no further use.

People of God who are right now being led by the Spirit of God, should have long-since come to know better than to listen to worldly, carnal media sources, whether it is FOX, CNN, NBC, CBS, BBC, etc. Be slow to anger. Be slow to speak. Be slow and wait on all the facts.

1. Jim says:

QUOTE: “Curses are imposed upon all who are guilty of adding to or taking away from the word of God. Maybe that is why the curses are at work and explains why major denominations are losing members, not winning new members, losing influence and losing credibility.”

exactly, thank you for bringing up the Church[or churches] within all of this. The bible says taht Judgment begins at the house of God

GOd desires that we walk as the Christians walked in the book of Acts, but with even more discrernment.

Fact of the matter is, the churches are settling for far less, and God is required to bring judgment. Perfect example, one of the major flaws in churches today is the outright rejection of the Holy Spirit, many believe that He has passed away or been long gone and that all we need is the bible to live the Christian life. They reject the gifts of the Holy SPirit that are supposed to be a way of life for the christian, especially in the Church. We are weak and carnal and acting like mere men when we wont go to a church of another denomination and attempt to be ONE as Christ called us to be. Holiness, obedience, love, and we pray for the Holy Spirit.

6. Jed says:

Justin, you may want to read this article too for a more in-depth analysis of Robertson’s statements and how they’re being reported:

7. Dave Zartman says:

Robertson said essentially the same thing about NO when Katrina hit. He is still wrong. But for the grace of God, every nation, every city and every one of us deserves the same. Christ died for the sins of elect Haitians the same as for Robertson. He would do well to remember that.

8. Piper’s remarks here: http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/1965_The_Tornado_the_Lutherans_and_Homosexuality/

Without going too far into specifics, the main difference is that Piper isn’t a thoughtless jerk.

His point is that sovereign God creates calamity, which is always to be responded to with repentance. Piper cites the words of Jesus that I quoted above.

Pat Reynolds’ point is that the people of Haiti are worse than other people, and by making a pact with the devil, have brought this directly on themselves – “ever since then, they have been cursed by one thing after the other”. Such an interpretation is self-righteous and holier than thou. Piper, by contrast, speaks of “a gentle but firm warning to the E.L.C.A. AND ALL OF US: Turn from the approval of sin.” (Emphasis mine.)

9. – VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., January 13, 2010 — On today’s The 700 Club, during a segment about the devastation, suffering and humanitarian effort that is needed in Haiti, Dr. Robertson also spoke about Haiti’s history. His comments were based on the widely-discussed 1791 slave rebellion led by Boukman Dutty at Bois Caiman, where the slaves allegedly made a famous pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French. This history, combined with the horrible state of the country, has led countless scholars and religious figures over the centuries to believe the country is cursed. Dr. Robertson never stated that the earthquake was God’s wrath. If you watch the entire video segment, Dr. Robertson’s compassion for the people of Haiti is clear. He called for prayer for them. His humanitarian arm has been working to help thousands of people in Haiti over the last year, and they are currently launching a major relief and recovery effort to help the victims of this disaster. They have sent a shipment of millions of dollars worth of medications that is now in Haiti, and their disaster team leaders are expected to arrive tomorrow and begin operations to ease the suffering.

Chris Roslan
    Spokesman for CBN

1. Dave Zartman says:

Do you have the actual words?

10. Tom says:

The one truly outrageous thing about this is the media reporting as though it were something Pat Robertson just came up with. I’m no big booster of Robertson, But this story is NOT some new creation. I distinctly remember hearing the exact some thing 25-30 years ago.

Whether or not this is an accurate account of Haiti’s history, the far more important issue is whether or not God exercises his wrath and judgment in human history. One cannot read Scripture without coming away with the clear teaching that he in fact does so. A nation a woodoo-practicing idolaters is under his just and true wrath.

Now what would get the secularists in a true tizzy is if someone were to say that the misery suffered by the Haitians this week is NOTHING compared to the eternal misery those voodooists killed in the eathquake are now suffering in the uttermost depths of hell.

11. Pingback: NEW LEAVEN
  12. Zach says:

It seems that Robertson’s comments are historically false. If you read them in context though, they are not as bad as everyone is making them out to be.

Let’s not make such a big deal of out of this. Everyone is just looking for some new story to talk about. But no one should be surprised by these comments. I mean, we are talking about Pat Robertson.

13. Eugene says:

Everyone is missing Robertson’s theology. His remarks stem from his errant eschatology: postmill, dominion theology. Do some homework on his context.

1. chris says:

Uh oh, here we go….

2. Tim says:

I wouldn’t take him as a postmill, dominion theology. I thought he was a premill, dispensationalist. If I’m right, there is a tension between his political theology and his eschatology. But, that is not the discussion here.

14. Bp says:

First I read the comments and agreed with Reynolds. Then I watched the video and I thought he sounded very compassionate and didn’t think he came across as a “thoughtless jerk” at all.

“…even if his theology were sound, he has stated it in such a way and at such a time that it will be misunderstood and will be mocked. He has pronounced a “truth” that (he must concede) would be hard for our culture to hear in a way and at a time that brings that “truth” into derision.”

Jesus stated truths in such ways and at such times that it was misunderstood and was mocked. And he pronounced truths that were hard for the culture to hear in ways and at times that brought the truth into derision.

15. chris says:

Would the devil really want the Haitians to split with France?

16. Barry says:

I too find it interesting that JT posts this about Robertson but doesn’t have a problem with Piper’s remarks about the tornado in Minneapolis.

And ED, there is BARELY any difference between Robertson’s and Piper’s remarks. Robertson, while thoughtless, yes, isn’t a jerk. He says, “we need to pray for them, a great turning to God.” Nowhere does he say the Haitians are worse than us, as referenced by his remarks on the tragedy of 9/11. I would bet he thinks we’re all pretty much sinners and doomed.

Obvious bias here, JT.

1. OK – I take it back. He’s not a jerk. He just sounds like one. (Something else we have in common.)

2. chris says:

You are misfiring brother. The liberal Lutherans are claiming to be the church, and judgment starts with God’s house. God’s judgment is more severe for those who claim to be His.

The Haitians are a nation of mixed people, with many saints who live there. I have letters from pastors and missionaries who have been effected by the events there. Many Christians have been killed in the quake.

1. Barry says:

I’m not sure what you are trying to say, Chris. Are you saying that because liberal Lutherans are the church that Piper was right to suggest this was possibly the work of God? And that Robertson was wrong because some of the Haitians are not the church and it isn’t our responsibility to pronounce God’s judgment on them? Am I understanding that correctly?

1. Barry says:

And I’m not at all suggesting I agree with Robertson’s comments. I have little respect for the man. His comments are ignorant and careless but he isn’t a jerk, just dumb and misguided (he IS sending aid, that counts for something).

2. chris says:

Sort of, but not really. You have stated things negatively, and that puts a kind of twist on it. What I am trying to say is the situations are much different, and God can judge whoever He wants.

The Lutheran group were making a deliberate choice to honor sodomy and doing so in the name of Christ. It was a small gathering of church representatives. I think Piper is making a theoretical statement about a situation that is one in which we could expect lightening bolts and hail. Even the apostle John fled from the bathhouse when he heard a heretic was inside, saying “Lest the roof fall on me too”. Piper could be right, could be wrong. But I side with him in spirit.

But with Haiti, the situation is entirely different. The federal head of that nation- the president- is corrupt and the governmental authorities have been stealing from the people for years. They have invested in their own futures and neglected the people under their charge. Also, there are many real saints who live there, and they too have been effected by this. So, we need to make some distinctions. When judgment comes, the church is often caught up in it, although not the cause of it, although citizens of the country or city (Job 9:22).

I am not being absolute one way or another. There are times when we personally suffer, but it is for reasons that are not necessarily connected with our failures. Jesus is the great exemplar of that.

And, yet, there are times when we do, and when nations do. But we need to be careful about sweeping statements. I think that is what Justin is doing, not being duplicitous. Robertson did not have the subtlety to pull it off.

I believe Haiti has been judged, but I do not believe all Haitians were culpable. Neither do I tie it to some pact made two hundred years ago. There are no chance events (Job 12:23).

1. Barry says:

My intention wasn’t to state things negatively or put a twist on them. I was seeking clarification. But I do disagree with your statements.

First of all, Piper made no “theoretical statement” (see my response to Matt below).

Second, I don’t think you are constructing your argument well. Honestly, I don’t even know where to start deconstructing because its all over the place. First you say what the Lutherans are doing is wrong and that God may have judged them. But then you say the Haitian government was corrupt and God may have judged them too. So, whats the difference between what Piper said and what Robertson said?

“Robertson did not have the subtlety to pull it off.” And Piper did? So is the difference between Piper and Robertson the ability to be more obscure?

1. chris says:

Barry,
              Do you just have a problem with the idea of God’s judgment generally? As in you don’t like the idea of historical, real-time catastrophe’s being attributed to God and His judgment upon a person or people? Or, are you trying to trap Justin in what you perceive as intellectual duplicity?

If either of these is the case, this discussion will go nowhere. The first is an unbiblical view, the second is just misguided.

But, you’re probably right about my argument. Theodicy is a tricky business, one that I generally avoid.

I am sorry if you don’t see the distinctions, but I am not going to repeat my whole argument. A synagogue of Satan, claiming to be Christ’s church and promoting homosexual sodomy is ripe for judgment (as Piper suggested). Whereas a body of people who are under the thumb of a corrupt head may suffer for it, but are not necessarily personally guilty in toto (as Robertson suggested).

See the difference? One group is guilty, the other is a mixed group that is suffering, but not guilty as a whole. To suggest otherwise is like the old fallacy “if the machine is heavy all of its parts are heavy”.

This is why I mentioned subtlety. If you read the City of God, Christians were asking the same questions when Rome was sacked. Augustine makes the same sort of distinctions I am making here.

I mean come on, did you really think I could be this brilliant all on my own?

2. Tim says:

“The federal head of that nation- the president- is corrupt and the governmental authorities have been stealing from the people for years….When judgment comes, the church is often caught up in it, although not the cause of it, although citizens of the country or city”

Chris, I didn’t know that a president could be the federal head representative of a collective group of people in God’s economy in the same “sort-of” manner that Adam and Christ are federal heads of humanity and/or the elect, where the judgment of the sins of a the head of nation-state falls on the people he represents as well. Its seems like you may be misappropriating covenant theology here. But, I might be wrong or misunderstanding you.

1. chris says:

Tim,
              When a father is a godly man, his family is blessed. When a father is a heathen, his family is cursed and they suffer all sorts of trouble. You wouldn’t argue with that, right?

Exodus 20:5-6
              Isaiah 49:23
              Zephaniah 3:3

I am not drawing an ontological line to Adam or Christ, but an analogical one. I believe Scripture does this as well.

3. matt says:

I think the difference between Robertson and Piper is that Piper was not saying that the ELCA’s actions caused a tornado, but rather was sounding a general call/warning to all of us (ELCA included) to repent. Robertson is saying that the pact made with the devil caused this earthquake. He’s making a 1-to-1 connection that we don’t have the ability to do. Is God sovereign? yes. Does God judge? yes. Do we have the warrant to interpret His judgement? no.

1. Barry says:

Matt,

Lets look at what Robertson said: “they got together and swore a pact to the devil.” And the result of that sin: “ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other.” Of course, Robertson never actually says the earthquake was caused by their sin but he connects all the dots and lets you fill them in so he isn’t culpable.

Piper does the same thing: “official church pronouncements that condone the very sins that keep people out of the kingdom of God, are evil.” Then he very slyly says “Jesus Christ controls the wind, including all tornados.” No, he doesn’t come right out and say “Jesus Christ caused this tornado to punish the Lutheran church,” but he does exactly what Robertson does: lets you connect all the dots. Otherwise, why would he blog about it?

And yes, he does call the Lutheran church to repentance. So too does Robertson: “we need to pray for them, a great turning to God.”

So “do we have the warrant to interpret his judgment?” No. You are absolutely right. And both Robertson and Piper did exactly this.

1. chris says:

Barry,
          Here is a kind of analogy that might help.

Scene one: There is a group of thieving, murdering men, gathered in a house, planning their next crime. They are known blackguards. The house falls down, they all die. All say, “God is just and these men got what they deserved, they did”. Who would disagree?

Scene two: There is a family at home. The father is a known philanderer and beats his wife. There are seven children. Four of them are thieves and rapists (they are boys of course, although debatable in our day), taking after their dad’s example. Three are Christians who are suffering under the trouble made by their dad, and his constant abuse. But, they are godly and love their mom. The house falls down, they all die. Some men say, “Well that man and those four boys got what they deserved, but the others…. If only that man, the father, had repented. Why do the innocent suffer with the wicked?”

Scene one: Piper.
          Scene two: NOT Robertson.

17. Mike Garner says:

I agree with JMR for the most part here, but I am wondering about one concept:
    “Heal the sick, bury the dead, feed the hungry and then deal with root spiritual causes.”

I get what he’s saying about there being an appropriate place, but the concept of taking care of these worldly things (healing sick, burying dead, feeding the hungry) before you deal with spiritual ’causes’ doesn’t immediately resonate with me.

Biblical verse/concept to back up this idea?

And Robertson basically says the same thing every time a disaster strikes. If anyone is surprised, they shouldn’t be. He’s probably right occasionally with poor tact and he’s probably wrong most of the time.

1. chris says:

Worldly things?

James 2:16

There will be no nation to preach to if they are all dead from dehydration and disease.

1. Mike Garner says:

I wasn’t “using wordly” in a perjorative/sinful way, just in a sense that it is juxtaposed with “spirtual causes.”

I don’t think James 2:16 really speaks here, unless you believe Robertson is proposing that we only Evangelize in the wake of the disaster without providing assistance. Given the context of his remarks, I don’t think that applies at all.

I know John Mark Reynolds and I know that he isn’t pushing some sort of Social Gospel, that comment just caught me a little off-guard.

18. Mike Garner says:

And trying to suggest a direct comparison with Piper and Robertson is a little inaccurate, but I think most people would be willing to admit JT is probably going to be biased toward Piper — and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

1. Barry says:

Inaccurate how?

1. Mike Garner says:

For one, Pat Robertson decides to volunteer his opinion on every major tragedy, whether it has anything to do with him or not. He is basically a self-appointed prophet.

Piper spoke about a particular incident that involved a church and his local area.

I think there is a substantial difference between the two.

Also, I’ve heard Piper speak on the topic before, and he makes VERY clear that not all tragedies are the result of God’s judgment of a particular incident. Robertson seems to never make that point and often flat out says that a particular tragedy is definitively the act of God’s judgment.

1. Barry says:

In that way, they are very different. Robertson has the tendency to be a loud mouth. Piper does not. And while I do not know if Robertson thinks all tragedies are an act of God’s judgment, I’m sure Piper doesn’t. So yeah, that is a difference between the two.

However, what Piper said fits right into status quo Pat Robertson. So no there isn’t a situational difference between the two. Just because Piper lived in the same city as the event doesn’t make him right.

1. Mike Garner says:

I think it is more appropriate to speak about God’s possible judgment in your local sphere of influence than to just pontificate on any and everything that permeates the news. However, I’m fine agreeing-to-disagree on that point.

19. Fusion@ says:

I’ve brought this up on twitter, but as someone who was raised Pentecostal and went to a Charismatic College, I’m sad that I’ve heard Al Mohler (I’m southern baptist btw) and John Mark Reynolds, publically rebuke Robertson,but, I haven’t really heard anything from the Pentecostal/Charismatic movements. Has anyone else?

20. Josh Gelatt says:

This seems to be an issue of balance and fairness in handling and applying biblical truth. First and foremost, we have clear biblical data that God has many times sent diasters upon a nation (foreign armies, Egyptian plagues, etc) to punish them for their sins and to call them to repentance. Second, we have passages such as those cited above (Luke 13:2ff), where Jesus seems to imply that these disasters, even if given as judgment, do not necessarily imply that those suffering in them are worse sinners than those who are not.

It seems, then, it is entirely appropriate to say that God does send such disasters due to mankind’s sin, and that they serve as a clear warning to repent (a warning to all, not just to those experiencing them). With that said, I’m not sure we can ever point to a single disaster and say, “See, this happeneded because X group did Y sin”.

1. Which is what Robertson did, but Piper very carefully didn’t do. When people are dying it looks to me like a bit of a crass thing to do, even if you are sending them money.

But I’ve done worse things myself. Let he who is without sin etc… It was unfair of me to imply that Robertson’s a jerk – I just think he’s been a bit daft on this occasion.

21. donsands says:

What about when God was going to destroy Sodom. Abraham says, “Lord if there are 10 good people, will you have mercy?” The Lord says, “Yes He will.”

I wonder how many of God’s children were in Haiti. Just another thought that came to me.

22. Haydee Kleinschmit says:

How dare Pat Robertson to talk like that ?? Is he God ?
    Whar kind of Gos he serves ?
    Not my God, a loving, compasionate, forgiving God.
    I am a member of the 700 Club, but I do not agree with him at all.
    His son Gordon is totally different from his legalist father.
    I am furious at Pat Robertson. What type of Christianity is his.
    Give me a break !

23. John says:

What if we all were in heaven and before the throne and found that Pat was right?

I’m not necessarily saying that the earthquake was directly sent from either God or Satan as a result of the pact.

But what if a chaotic government has been a result; causing great poverty, corruption, and oppression. Which, no doubt, would directly affect building codes and structural integrity to the areas where the quake had hit. Therefore, due to some spirit of darkness, the devastation was much greater than it might have been otherwise.

I wouldn’t be so quick to write Pat’s assessment off as simple buffoonery. Never underestimate spiritual forces where voodoo prevails. I’ve lived in it for 2 years on an island in the Pacific and it is real. Like nothing we’ve ever seen here in the States. And I wouldn’t have believed it had I not traveled and lived there.

24. donsands says:

“Never underestimate spiritual forces where voodoo prevails.”

Hey John, did you read the linked article in the post?

25. Joe says:

Justin, I respect your blog, but the reality check is this: Pat Robertson has done more good for the physically hurt and needy than probably anyone theologically tut-tutting here. Why is it wrong to suggest that Haiti’s screwed up environment contributed to their woes? They were the poorest nation for years before this, with tons of missionary aid! For decades. Any despite any random comment, Robertson single-handedly is orchestrating more help than most of us. It’s easy and popular to dumb on Crazy Pat. Crazy John Calvin had people burned at the stake. But hey, he was brilliant, so its differetn. Cut people some slack. He makes blunders. Big deal. he also preaches, prays, and does TONS of benevolent outreach.

26. Susy says:

Pat Robertson is a corrupt and evil man who clothes his sin in a cloak of pseudo ‘Christianity.’ Everything he says is in order to get ignorant people to send him money. Pat Robertson tries to explain what he cannot control by blaming the victims for a catastrophe so immense it is beyond the ability of most people to imagine. His God is money and the ‘eye of the needle’ will soon strip everything from him.

27. Haydee Kleinschmit says:

Pat Robertson is a politician, a full blast republican.
    His program everyday, the first half hour is to grill the president and the democrats. But when Bush was the president, it was a different story. He adored him, and firmly believed in the nuclear arms.
    As a christian he should be neutral, he offends people.
    His son Gordon is very different. He is a real christian.
    God bless them all.

28. Agnaldo says:

Another opportunity wasted to keep his mouth shut, wise words Justin Taylor

29. Joe says:

Robertson single-handedly is orchestrating more help than most of us. Correction: Any of us. I’d be happy for a correction on that point from the self-righteous here. Let he who has not been a jack-ass throw the first rock that CBN’s screen.

30. donsands says:

“Robertson single-handedly is orchestrating more help..”

Good for him.

I’m going to send a few dollars. I’m a bit in a finacial crunch right now. The USA government has done a number on my compnay, let me tell you.

Pat Roberson is a millionaire, I would guess, and surely he is giving money to these hurting people. But that doesn’t take away from his false teaching of history, and his impulsive predictions about the weather, who will be elected president, and other false prophecies he has come up with.

I heard Pat say on his TV show: “God is healing 100 diabetics right now. 100 diabetics are healed of their diabetes. Also, do check with your doctor to make sure you are healed.”

Is that God? To me that is a fool to say something like that.

However, the Day will come when we all stand befoe Christ the King of kings, and He will reveal our hearts, and all the secret things of our souls. Nothing will be hidden in that Day.

Justin Taylor