I have mentioned many times in the past that Tim Keller’s message “What is Gospel-Centered Ministry,” given at the inaugural Gospel Coalition Conference in 2007, is one of my all-time favorites. (Here, for instance, and also here.) It was a game-changer for me. I listen to it at least 2-3 times a year now. So I was delighted to see this video crafted by Heath McPherson appearing on Zach Nielsen‘s blog today. It is a snippet from Keller’s sermon, in which he reads mainly the “Jesus is the true and better _______” passage from Sinclair Ferguson’s Preaching Christ from the Old Testament,* augmented sweetly with music and art. Wonderful stuff.

* Correction. The passage is original to Keller, traced to a paper of his, but inspired by Ferguson and by Ed Clowney.

Comments:

8 thoughts on “The Whole Bible is About Jesus”

1. dac says:

That is outstanding.

2. partakerofgrace says:

Whole sermon can be found at:http://thegospelcoalition.org/resources/a/What-is-Gospel-Centered-MinistryThe link is broken on the gospel coalition website.

3. Roberta says:

God has spoken to us by His Son. We hang on to Him and He will pull us through.

4. nhe says:

This notion changed my life about 5 years ago Jared when I first heard Keller talking about it. I'm curious to know what people think about the "Implication for Ministry" at the end of the video – every sermon should be centered on and about Jesus (basically).It seems a lot of us believe this but other than the folks at Gospelcoalition.com (and Jared of course) I don't see many churches doing it. Honestly, though I love Driscoll, Chan, McManus, et. al. I think it's missing in their preaching too.

5. Nate says:

That section of that particular sermon blew me away 2 years ago. It just blew me away again. Thanks,Nate

6. Dan says:

Jared- I enjoy your blog and check in often. Keep up the good work!I've been trying to track down Sinclair Ferguson's Preaching Christ From The Old Testament and have not had any luck. Does it have another name? Thanks!

7. Jared says:

Dan, it is available as a free download from the The Proclamation Trust here:http://www.proctrust.org.uk/product/articles-on-preaching/preaching-christ-from-old-testament-639

8. Jared says:

Dan, see my update in the post.Apparently the "true & better _____" list is original to Keller, but a synthesis of ideas inspired by Sinclair Ferguson and Ed Clowney.

Jared C. Wilson

Jared C. Wilson is the pastor of Middletown Springs Community Church in Middletown Springs, Vermont. You can follow him on Twitter.

Jared C. Wilson's Books