For presidents and paupers, gays and straights, there is no other way to true happiness than the one Jesus traveled, the way that ended in the agony of the Cross and the ecstasy of the Resurrection.
9. Why Bible Study Doesn't Transform Us by Jen Wilkin
Left to our own devices, we pursue a host of unsavory (and un-transformative) self-constructed approaches to "spending time in the Word." Here are several one author encounters on a regular basis.
The young quarterback understands that by speaking at the event he would be lending his credibility to men who preach a false gospel.
7. Today Was Supposed to Be My Wedding Day by M. Connor
Marriage and family are still the two things I want most in life, but I know that they're in God's control---not mine. I leave my future in his hands.
6. Carson and Keller on Jakes and the Elephant Room by D. A. Carson and Tim Keller
Controversy can provide a teaching moment, and it's hard to deny such a moment has arrived. We hope the following theological reflections will clarify at least a few issues for some people.
5. Don't Take It from Me: Reasons You Should Not Marry an Unbeliever by Kathy Keller
An unequal marriage is not just unwise for the Christian, it is also unfair to the non-Christian, and will end up being a trial for them both.
4. A Year of Biblical Womanhood (Review) by Kathy Keller
I would have been glad to read a book that genuinely addressed biblical womanhood, whether I agreed with its conclusions or not. Unfortunately, Rachel Held Evans didn't write such a book.
3. Why You Should Consider Cancelling Your Short-Term Missions Trips by Darren Carlson
Short-term missions is fraught with problems, and many wish such trips did not exist, at least in the common form today.
2. Texas Atheist 'Flabbergasted' by Outpouring of Christian Charity by Joe Carter
Far too often we get bogged down in fighting faux cultural battles and forget that the "enemies" our Lord commands us to love are also our neighbors. When we take the time to show concern and charity, it can melt the hardest of hearts.
1. Gay Is Not the New Black by Voddie Baucham
Equating same-sex "marriage" with civil rights is ubiquitous and illogical. Indeed, there is no legal, logical, moral, biblical, or historical reason to support it.